Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why did I want to blog?

I have gone back and forth whether or not to start blogging...I realized that facebook and twitter just didn't have the space for me to express my feelings.
Our small journey started 6 years ago when Pierce was born.  Not knowing exactly where God was taking us but only knowing He had a plan!  Then when Mr. Phinny was born we had to once again trust that God was ultimately in control.  So we did and that is what we have done, even after the diagnosis of Autism for Pierce.

I am going to be very truthful with anyone who wants to listen and express the times when maybe my trust and faith in God is not as strong as some of the greats of the bible... but then again maybe it is just like theirs...
People say that hindsight is 20/20( at least I think thats the term lol). Well I can look back over the last 6 years and evaluate what I have done right and what I have done wrong, but one thing has remained true and constant... That is my God!
I have often pictured myself in the midst of the strongest hurricane ever and the only thing keeping me safe and alive is this pole which is grounded so deep it actually comes out the other side of the world. That pole is Jesus, He has comforted me when I need comfort and strengthened me when I needed strength all in all He has been my ALL in ALL.
 Acts 20:24 "None of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of GOD."
I believe this verse sums it up... I will continue on with JOY because Jesus had ministered to me in so many ways over the course of our journey and I know He will continue to do more...
I hope you enjoy reading all about our journey and are encouraged by what God CAN do for you too.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Chels... you're amazing!!!! Looks great... can't wait to read your entries! Come over and help me on mine!!!! <3 I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love you! Love those boys (all three of them)! I can't wait to read all of the things the Lord will be ministering through you.

    xo
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to read more Chelsi - loved it and you all - You guys are modern day Bible heros <3 ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome I look forward to see what God is going to do. Excited to read more updates.
    Maybe you can help me start one of my own. I love you! Deb

    ReplyDelete