Wednesday, October 27, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things ( no brown paper mittens)

So just of late I have found so much laughter happening in our home... Why?
I don't rightly know sir, but I do know it has made such a difference in my daily walk...

These are a few of my favorite things ( not necessarily in the order of most to least just likes):

1. Twitter - I love getting little tiny 140 characters or less updates from people all over the world. Because quite frankly you hear the most random things happening like someones child just told an old man he looks like emperor Palpatine from Star Wars... Or you can even here praise reports and  prayer requests...

2. My bible - actually reading the word of God everyday is AMAZING!!! To think that God is talking directly to me brings me joy! and then there are those times when it brings me a little pain because its cutting through my flesh... and lets face it our flesh doesn't like being cut!

3. My friends - I mean I have been blessed with friends around me that love me for who I am.  They even come over when I play games on my phone, and they stay! They come over on days when I'm not feeling well, they encourage me, make me tea and bring the occasional REDBULL!
which leads me to favorite thing number four...

4. REDBULL - It really does give you wings... I for some reason love redbull, I love the taste of it honestly... I love its name because sometimes after drinking one I actually feel as if I have been running with the bulls while wearing red! Which then makes you feel like your in Spain so after you crash from the sugar high you have a reason for a siesta!

5. Having Boys - Having boys somedays is so very tiring but I tell you this there is never a dull moment! There is always someone climbing on something, hulk smashing things or squeaking on you... In the Kelly household squeak = fart ( my appologies to both nanny & nonnie for the use of that word)
When Pierce was born someone bought me a plaque that said " A mother of boys work is from son up to son down" Yes, yes this is so absolutely true... There is also the other boy in our house my sweet husband. and by sweet I mean SAHWEET!!! We have always laughed at each other, with each other and at others! Oh how I love him.

6. TV - yes I am a TV head through and through... There is just something about it that sucks me right in... So of course since the great Kelly turn the TV off I have been itching and twitching but I will survive unless Survivor is on! Just kidding I don't really watch that. So I have been weaning myself with watching the radio TV stations... so there is still movement on the screen and noise coming out of it... This is a gradual step for all of us!

7. Autism - Of course there are some days this is not my favorite thing... Yet for the most part there are things about it I just love like the fact Pierce really can't tell a lie, he just doesn't know how to. The way he sees life its all so very detailed and he picks out the things I think we don't because we over complicate everything.
I love and hate the way when he has his mind set on something he will NOT and I mean will NOT stop until he has said thing in his hand... I recently was frustrated with this but also thought this was a good trait so I prayed and asked God to show me how to refine this skill he had given Pierce... And to give me the patience to deal with the not so good side of this like when he has his mind set on a Ben 10 toy and every 5 mins he is asking when can we go to Target and get Wrath? or " Okay Mummy I got my shoes on and I cleaned my room now lets go get Wrath!" Its like after everything he does he has to add in " okay lets go get Wrath!"
This is where I lose my patience and say some crazy thing like " If you mention Ben 10 toys one more time I will blow up the Ban Dai factory!" Which Pierce of course knows they are the makers of Ben 10, naturally.
8. My life - Maybe my life is not what I thought it would be when I was 15 and I though for sure I would be either a lawyer defending the weak or a doctor who has figured out a cure for the uncurable...
But my life is so much more than that... I protect the weak like when Pierce is going to hulk smash Phin for touching his toys... I am trying to find something to recover Pierce from some of the symptoms of his autism...
So I suppose I am doing some of what my 10 year plan was when I was 15 it just took me 20 years to do it...
One of my favorite sayings is - I was made to point them to Jesus, all of them CJ included. if that is all I ever accomplish in this life time I will hear well done! And that is all I ever need to accomplish.

1 comment:

  1. I just love reading your blog. You are inspiration to all the mothers who are dealing with the same dilemmas, that makes me smile but the fact that you are always pointing to Jesus that makes me proud to call you my friend.
    I Love you!

    ReplyDelete